Drop-downMenu

Sunday 26 July 2015

Mom


It was a pleasant morning of spring when I boarded the bus to my office, took a seat next to my best friend and plugged the earphones in my ears. Finding her enjoying music on her own, I felt like listening to songs dedicated to ‘mother’ because I was looking for affection on feeling low for some reason.

The song touched my heart, and filled my eyes.

I wished I never have to marry. It’s so painful whenever I visualize my farewell. I felt she is closer to me than daddy. Because she has been undertaking many of his responsibilities for us. Ironically, midst of the song, I got a call from home and to my surprise, it was her, asking, why I didn’t give her a call on getting the bus.

I recalled few moments of the past – When I was small and had not started going to school, I used to whine a lot chasing her down the street when she would be leaving for office. I can’t forget those childhood days.


When I was 17… She was out for the first time for 4 days on office training programme in Jaipur. It was the first time, when I felt the burden of responsibilities towards the family, and perhaps towards myself. I would go in a separate room, and cry out in her remembrance. I would look through the gate, wishing to see her coming, and ringing the door bell. I needed her so badly, I missed her a lot, but never told her.

“Chehre pe aane deta nahi , dil hi dil mein ghabraata hu mai maa,
Yu toh mai dikhlaata nahi, teri parwah karta hun mai maa
Tujhe sab hai pata hai na maa”

I believe any person can go away from us anytime, stop caring for us, because people change with situations, but it’s the heart of a mother which pounds just for her child. This relationship neither breaks, nor weakens. It is as eternal as the laws of nature – never changing!

A friend or any other person, may betray, but she is there for us, in every problem, in every situation. We can tell everything to our mother who solves every problem with her motherly concern & wisdom. We can trust her more than anyone else, and should have the passion to be able to do anything for her. If god is with us in some form, it is in the form of the mother who gave us existence, and much more, which cannot and should not be confined to the limited space of a post, but which everyone knows in their heart.


Don’t hurt your parents and be a responsible child for their happiness depends entirely on you.





No comments:

Post a Comment