Drop-downMenu

Wednesday 2 March 2016

My first gym experience



I never thought I would hit the gym. I never realised the need. Moreover, neither did my busy schedule nor did my discomfort ever let me be among so many competitive people. But a recently opened gym near my home and the dire need to deviate my mind to some recreation gave me a sudden drive to try something new. 

 

So, I joined a gym. But to tell you an honest truth, I was nervous. I was hesitant after seeing people coolly using those treacherous burly equipments. But, the trainer was really nice.  He taught me excercises one after the other, gave a small warm up session followed by working out with the equipments. And I thought – how easy.

To my surprise, I found a college junior too working out there. I made good friends on the first day itself. As instructed by the trainer to eat one banana daily, I tied up with a nearby banana vendor on daily basis too. It was the funny part, but I made all the adjustments to fit into my office timings…


I feel satisfied, and exulted to be going to a gym daily and doing the best for my body and mind. After coming from a hectic day at office, I get a chance there to rejuvenate myself by making my whole body function. I feel slowly moving beyond my capabilities and overcoming the fatigue. I feel strength and happiness. And from my experience, I can tell how important and equally easy is to keep your body charged up. Infact I would say one should take out time from busy life and responsibilities - for themselves, for some kind of useful activities, be it some kind of sports, dance, yoga, meditation, cycling, work-out, jogging or even a simple walk. The result will be a healthy, satisfactory, active and long life.

 
Remember, Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. All it takes is to step out of your comfort zone, once and for all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment