Drop-downMenu

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Healing weather...



It was the day of result declaration of IXth grade. I woke up at 7:30 in the morning though I was supposed to go with Mummy but she thought she would get late for office. I got more nervous now. But daddy said he would accompany me and will leave within 5 min. I rushed to the dressing room and got ready.

As we reached, it was a well organised programme but I implored daddy to leave as he was getting late but he didn’t feel so. My best friend, Varnita was also sitting next to me.

First, there was prize distribution for Macmillan in which both the sisters got trophies for distinction. And I ??? Nothing. Later, exam results were announced. One of those two sisters came Ist with 83%, another girl IInd and me IIIrd with 80%. But IIIrd rank was not announced on stage. I consoled myself, “Fine! Atleast I came Third. Atleast I performed well in finals.” My best friend and her Informatics teacher both congratulated me. But somewhere, somehow, my mind was still upset!!! It was as if the hardwork of the entire year has turned out to be a mere sham. Yes, I was frustrated and upset.

The sun was setting, and I was still crying when I raised my head towards the sky. I spotted two aeroplanes flying across. The streak of black smoke which trailed behind them appeared like a comet or a space shuttle. The setting sun was giving them a golden tinch. Suddenly, I wished if it rained. And believe what, at the end of the day, while having dinner at night, as daddy opened the door when the bulb was blinking, it was thunderstorm!

I said, “I ll come back in 2 minutes” and rushed upstairs. It started lighting and the breeze blew. It was so awesome in the thunder that I lied freely over the wooden ladder for sometime and opened my arms towards the moon. There was no star in the sky. Just faded moon with grey clouds and blue patches of dim sky, but it was giving sweet feelings.

I forgot all my troubles, pressure of studies, everything. and now I was lost in the black world somewhere for eternity.

I sang many songs while having that lovely walk unperturbed by lightening and started playing some happening ones on the i-pod with my feet tapping on -“you stole my heart”. I started to dance. Can you believe that? Dance on terrace when I was so sad after the result.

That was one of the most joyful days of my life, because it makes me believe that it is as easy to recover from a situation as getting more into it. Just a change of weather could sometimes make you forget all your reasons to be unhappy (and can even make you dance).


so celebrate every moment and wait for the rainfall!

No comments:

Post a Comment